The Secular Coalition for America seeks a full-time Office Manager and Development Assistant.
This position works closely with the Executive Director to help organize and execute the daily administrative and fundraising activities of the Secular Coalition for America. The nature of our organization—a small nonprofit focused on advocacy and lobbying for separation of government and religion, requires considerable engagement between staff members, and you will be called upon, as needed, to assist with a range of administrative tasks and special projects critical to our mission.
A positive and friendly attitude is essential—both in terms of engaging our donors and allies, and maintaining functional and rewarding relationships with fellow staff members. We love and value what we do, and you will be a critical part of our team.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems.
- Act as the liaison with our “outside” accounting firm, forwarding all invoices and confirming timely payment.
- Manage contracts with vendors and service providers.
- Organize and inventory office supplies and keep office machines in good working order
- Work closely with the Executive Director and our accountant to process all types of donations made to our 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) entities.
- Ensure accurate recording and timely acknowledgement of donations
- Maintain accurate donor records within Salesforce.
- Generate reports to measure fundraising revenue and goals, and to track donors.
- Assist in training staff members on how to best use Salesforce to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of all departments
- Work with the Executive Director to support ongoing efforts to implement a robust donor stewardship program for donors of all levels.
- Prepare and send donor recognition materials – including standard thank you notes and individualized acknowledgements.
- Lead special projects, as advised and directed by supervisor, that advance fundraising goals, such as organizing thank-you calls from staff and board members and organizing special mailings to major donors.
- Organize digital and direct mail appeals.
- Work closely with our board Development Committee to ensure that solicitors follow through on assigned actions and stewardship calls.
- Track and report the outcome of email, social media and direct mail fundraising appeals.
- Assist in the development and management of online fundraising pages
Administrative and Special Projects
- Build and maintain working relationships with our coalition partners and allied associations.
- Periodic administrative support to Executive Director, communications and lobbying staff.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials.
- Assist the team on external events as-needed such as Capitol Hill visits, Lobby Day, and our annual “Members Meeting”
Preferred Skills, Education & Experience:
- 2-3 years experience with nonprofit database software (Salesforce experience preferred).
- Detail-oriented and accuracy is a must.
- Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent time management, organization and independent judgment skills. Proven ability to take responsibility and problem solve in a proactive manner.
- Excellent customer service orientation and professional demeanor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization.
- Respect for our mission and our constituents.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite (there will be no opportunity to “get up to speed”).
- Basic knowledge of accounting (Quickbooks experience helpful).
- Familiar with Donorbox, Apple Pay and PayPal.
- Administrative experience at a non-profit organization a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Comprehensive and generous benefits package included
- Generous and flexible PTO
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Salary commensurate with experience
Interested? Please provide a cover letter addressing your core/relevant strengths, and your interest in our mission, along with your resume and salary requirements by May 27, 2022. We are looking to fill this position by mid-June at the latest.
All candidates will be notified as to our interest in their application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Each employee has their own private office. This position requires coming to the office to process mail, invoices and donations, however, each staff member can choose 1-2 days to work from home.
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Submit a resume and a cover letter that showcases your talents and interest in the mission of the Secular Coalition for America to [email protected]. Be prepared to share 3 references and a portfolio of previous work examples relevant to the essential job duties (including graphic design), upon request. Incomplete applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
Please consider our mission statement when responding to this job opportunity:
- The mission of the Secular Coalition for American is to advocate for the equal rights of nonreligious Americans and defend the separation of religion and government.
The Secular Coalition for America is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, people from underserved and under-represented communities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thank you for considering what you might contribute to the mission of the Secular Coalition for America.