There are no full-time job opportunities available at this time.
Internship Opportunities at the Secular Coalition for America
The Secular Coalition for America (SCA) seeks highly motivated undergraduate, graduate, or law students for unpaid internship positions in the spring, summer and fall semesters. SCA is a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization located in Washington, D.C. Its mission is to increase the visibility of and respect for nontheistic viewpoints in the United States, and to protect and strengthen the secular character of our government as the best guarantee of freedom for all.
As a small non-profit, this internship will provide ample opportunities to take on responsibility and produce work samples for addition to a portfolio. Interns work directly with SCA staff and have the opportunity to learn and assist in the four main departments of the office: lobbying and advocacy; research and outreach; development and fundraising; and communications through traditional and new media.
The internship is flexible, but generally will run from January through May 2022 or May though August 2022. Interns must be available a minimum of 15 hours per week between 9 am and 5 pm. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be expected. Transportation costs to and from Washington, D.C. will not be provided.
To apply for the Secular Coalition for America 2022 Internship Program, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Students applying for the Legislative Internship must also submit a writing sample.
Contact Hoa Ahn Hoang at [email protected] for more information.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Social Media experience highly desired. Familiarity with WordPress, the Adobe Suite, graphic design software or video editing are a plus, but not required. Remote internships are available for exceptional candidates. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily drafting and posting of social media content on all our platforms
- Assisting in the creation and execution of email campaigns
- Creating original creative content
- Researching and updating media & influencer contact lists
- Conducting coalition and secular movement outreach
- Assisting in updating and maintaining the SCA website
- Conducting and compiling opposition research
Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Researching fundraising opportunities
- Assisting the Development Team with logistics and research
- Taking regular inventory of outreach and promotional materials
- Assisting in event planning for outreach events
- Assisting with database management, specifically Salesforce
The Secular Coalition for America is seeking a current student of law, public policy, or related field to directly assist the Secular Coalition's policy department. This internship is ideal for first or second year law students seeking substantive, hands-on experience in the field of public policy. Applicants for this position must submit a writing sample. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Tracking and researching state legislation
- Conducting background research on policymakers
- Drafting memoranda and writing policy papers
- Analyzing statutes and legislation
- Attending Hill meetings
- Researching case law and precedent