Secular Coalition Expresses Condolences to Victims' Families in School Shooting
WASHINGTON, DC- The Secular Coalition for America today expressed condolences to the families of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. on Friday.
“Our hearts go out to the families of the victims and to all of those affected by this devastating event,” said Edwina Rogers, executive director of the Secular Coalition for America. “No family—no child—should ever have to experience a tragedy such as this.”
The Secular Coalition urges the nontheist community and others to help in any way they can:
- Contribute condolences and positive thoughts to the Wall of Love or send an Evergram
- United Way Sandy Hook School Support Fund
- Sandy Hook School Support Fund- mail checks to Newtown Savings Bank 39 Main Street Newtown, CT 06470. Any donation questions can call 1-800-461-0672.
- Newtown Youth and Family Services
- Teddy Bears for Grieving Students “Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II”
- Monetary donations can be made to Peoples United Bank, TD Bank and Newtown Savings Bank.
- Volunteer – The Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection says anyone wishing to volunteer should call (800) 203-1234.
- Write a Letter to the School – Want to write a letter to the students, teachers and Sandy Hook community? The address for the school is Sandy Hook Elementary School, 12 Dickenson Drive, Sandy Hook, CT, 06482
“In the coming months we hope politics will be put aside so that together as a nation, we can address the problems that contributed to this horribly senseless act of violence,” Rogers said. “Our thoughts continue to be with those grieving.”
Recent Press Releases
For updates, press releases, statements, and advisories from 2009 to the present please visit our archives
Become a Secular Activist