Secular Coalition for South Carolina Monthly Conference Call
SCA South Carolina Chapter Organizing Conference Call
Call-in number: (530) 881-1400 Participant Access Code: 978895
Wednesday, July 25th at 2pm ET
- Welcome message
- Who is here and not here that needs to be here?
- Explanation of conference call style and recording
- The Secular Coalition for America is forming state chapters across the country. Our chapters will bring together secular Americans in each state to influence government officials, legislation, and regulations.
- Our first step in forming these chapters is our monthly conference calls.
- Goals/ Stages of Chapter Development
- Development Stage
§ Focus on setting up the structure, identifying leadership, identifying how the legislature in South Carolina operates and the best ways to meet the needs of the Secular Coalition for South Carolina
§ No one is required to speak up, but there will be opportunities to do so.
o Official recognition
§ Future monthly calls will become a way to educate and inform: track legislation, coordinate lobbying efforts and coordinate secular organizations.
§ Once your state chapter is organized, the leadership and a representative of the SCA will sign a memo of understanding officially recognizing the Secular Coalition for South Carolina and giving the group access to our resources (to be discussed in more depth later)
- SCA Chapter model
- A Secular Coalition for America state chapter is unlike any other nontheistic state organization-it brings together interested organization and individuals for the exclusive purpose of lobbying government officials.
- Mission and Purpose of the Chapters
§ Mission- to increase the visibility of and respect for nontheistic viewpoints in the United States, and to protect and strengthen the secular character of our government as the best guarantee of freedom for all.
§ Purpose - The Secular Coalition for America and the Secular Coalition for South Carolina will accomplish its mission through cooperation between local groups and coordinated state lobbying activities.
o Part of the Secular Coalition for America
§ Under our C4 tax exemption with full C4 Lobbying privileges
- CQ Statetrack Legislation and Regulation Tracking Software
§ Full bill text and details
§ Committee hearings calendar
§ Customizable reports
§ Automatic web publishing
§ Secular.org>States>Your State> South Carolina
- Conference Call dates, time, numbers
- Call replays
- Sign up to receive alerts
§ SC.secular.org subdomain hope to have running by next call
o Facebook Page
§ Set up as Secular Coalition for South Carolina
§ September 28th - 30th in Charleston
§ Executive Director Edwina Rogers will be speaking
- Executive Committee
- Currently working on getting all the resources in place so leadership can take over administration of facebook page, website, etc.
- Interested Individuals:
§ Amy Monsky
§ Elain Appel
§ Maggie Blair
§ Matt Facciani
§ Aaron Zimmermann
o In anyone else has any interest in leadership please email me, [email protected]
- Kelly Damerow
- Research and Advocacy Manager, Secular Coalition for America
- [email protected]
- P: 202-299-1091 ext.204